With just one look at the issues facing men, it is easy to see the enemy pursues Christian men with greater intensity than those who are not in the family of Christ. The result is we wage a daily battle. What are you doing to prepare yourself?
Most men do not believe they can have a continuing love relationship with Jesus that is real and personal.
- Most men do not believe God wants a relationship with them.
- Most men don’t know how to listen and discern the voice of God, identify ways He speaks, and respond to revelations of His will.
- Satan has done a good job of defeating most men because they have bought into the words of a liar.
Most men do not know that a Man Of God is based on God’s Word. They don’t have a good understanding of the Word of God. They have not been taught how to be the Spiritual Servant Leader God has created them to be in their marriages and families, work places, church and community.
- Over 70% of men that come into this ministry did not have a father who raised them, much less a father who had a relationship with God.
- What the world is teaching men about being a man is far from the truth.
- Most men are unwilling to come to Jesus in absolute surrender to His Lordship without setting any conditions.
- Most men do not recognize God working around them, and want to join Him in that work.
- Most men do not have an accountability person in their lives and do not know how to go about having an accountability relationship that is transparent. They don’t understand the importance of it and how it will change their lives.
- Most men do not know how to pray to God, worship God, read and understand God’s Word, or the importance of memorizing God’s Word, journaling what God is revealing to them and being held accountable.
- Most men do not know how to respond in a manner that honors and glorifies God when they are experiencing trials.
- Most men have pornography issues in their lives that will destroy marriages.
- Drug & Alcohol addictions are ruining men’s lives and those around them.
- Divorce and broken marriages are growing because of men leading prideful, self-centered live without God.
- Men are facing financial crisis and ruin resulting in anger, loss of self-control, bitterness, pity, shame, guilt and low self esteem.
Unforgiveness is running rapid in men’s lives because of
- abuse: sexual and mental as a child
- abandonment: from a young age
- lack of a father figure while growing up
- lack of trust in anyone or anything
- lack of confidence
- lack of belief in God
- angry at everything and at God
- There is a lot of compromise in the lives of most men, and they are justifying their compromises, looking for the easy way out.
I want to pass on the challenge Pastor Miles has given the men of the Rock Church with: pray for one hour everyday spending time with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. If you are dealing with any of the above issues, I want to encourage you to take them captive and lay them at God’s feet asking Him to empower you to overcome these issues in your life. Please come join us on MOTR Tuesday Nights in the cafeteria, 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Together, we can learn how to have a continuous love relationship with Jesus that is real and personal. Let us learn to yield our burdens to Jesus as He helps us to overcome the issues in our lives, transform our hearts and renew our minds.
Romans 12:2: Do not be conformed to the world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
MOTR Men’s Pastor
Rock Church San Diego